Boulder Ensemble Theatre Company presents profound theatrical stories that inspire our audiences and enrich our community.
Recent Awards And Accolades
- 2017: Stephen Weitz, Producing Ensemble Director, and Rebecca Remaly, Managing Director, received the 2017 Spark Plug Award from the Boulder Flatirons Rotary Club.
- 2016: Managing Director and founding ensemble member Rebecca Remaly received the Emerging Professional Award from the National Theatre Conference.
- 2016: Managing Director and founding ensemble member Rebecca Remaly was a recipient of a True West Theatre Award.
- 2016: BETC’s Season 10 Generations play competition winner, The Madres by Stephanie Allison Walker, was selected for the Showcase of New Plays at the National New Play Network Conference.
- 2016: BETC received two Henry Award nominations including “Best Drama” and “Best Director” (Producing Ensemble Director Stephen Weitz) for Ideation.
- 2016: BETC received three Westword Best of Denver awards, including Best Drama for Hysteria.
- 2015: BETC was the recipient of the National Theatre Company award from the American Theatre Wing, founder of the Tony Awards.
- 2015: Managing Director and founding ensemble member Rebecca Remaly was a recipient of a True West Theatre Award.
- 2014: BETC’s world premiere of Dava Sobel’s And the Sun Stood Still was nominated for two Henry Awards, including “Best New Play” and “Best Scenic Design.”
- 2014: BETC received the International Centre for Women Playwrights’ 50/50 Applause Award.
- 2013: BETC received nine Henry Award nominations including “Outstanding Season for a Theatre Company,” and one award for “Best Actress in a Drama” for Laura Norman in Ghost-Writer, which also won “Best Actress in a Drama” from Westword.
- 2012: Producing Ensemble Director Stephen Weitz was named “Colorado Theatre Person of the Year” by Culture West.
- 2011: BETC’s regional premiere of Crime and Punishment won “Best Adaptation” from Denver Westword.